A dear fellow blogger challenged me to set down on paper the reasons why I AM enough. I told her that eveything I put down felt fake. So let’s see if I can come up with 10 reasons why I am enough.
(And they cannot be things that render me a human DOING, instead of a human BEING.)
The Top Ten Reasons Why I AM Enough
10. I am enough because I’m smart.
9. I am enough because I am witty.
8. I am enough because I can communicate, sometimes clearly.
7. I am enough because I love words in all of their varied shades and nuances of meaning.
6. I am enough because I have an incredibly tender heart (OK, mostly for stray cats and dogs).
5. I am enough because I hug until you feel the acceptance flowing thru me to you.
4. I am enough because my family members know, without any doubt, that I love them more than air – even when their behavior angers, saddens or disappoints me.
3. I am enough because I won’t lie. I will tell you the truth, but my gift of mercy will make me try to be kind/nice about it.
2. I am enough because I am determined to relentlessly strive to perfect myself through a process of self-growth, self-awareness, and hopefully self-care.
And the Number One reason why I am enough:
1. Because Jesus says I am. On the days when I feel most like an abject failure, I think about His love for me. Nothing I do or say will make Him love me more. Nothing I do or say will make Him love me less. Nor will anything I don’t do or say. Thank God.