I got all of the necessary information to Medicaid, only to find out that I probably would not be able to get on the rolls until August, thereby throwing all my plans into a cocked hat. Have I mentioned that I’m a control freak?
In any case, since I haven’t posted since Monday, I thought I’d share some of the randomness passing through where my brain used to be.
1. Have you heard that gas is expected to hit $4.00 a gallon over the summer?
2. I lived in Lubumbashi, Zaire during the year it went from the Democratic Republic of the Congo to Zaire. Of course, it’s Democratic Republic of Congo now. Why did they drop the “the”?
3. My parents were both teachers. That’s why I homeschooled.
4. My family did not get a TV until I was thirteen. I read a lot.
5. I used to be bi-lingual, French and English.
6. At the moment, we have four cats. To whom I am quite allergic. We used to have five dogs.
7. Although I have a KitchenAid mixer, a Bernina sewing machine and a Bernette serger, I mostly make pizza dough and hem DD27’s boyfriend’s jeans. Go figure.
8. I have enough scrapbook paper and stickers to open a store. And no pictures.
9. I prefer soft-serve to hard ice cream. My favorite flavor is vanilla.
10. I really don’t care for chocolate, but I’m a coffee addict. I’d love to have a laptop and enough money to spend each day at Starbucks.
11. I love to write with my fountain pen, using brown ink.
12. I love the Fibonacci sequence since it starts with my birthday (1,1, 2, 3).
13. For a baker’s dozen: I love the idea of string theory, quantum physics and fractals.
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day! I hope the sun shines wherever you’ll be.