I have drifted through the past 11 days. However I do have some things to document this passage of time.
1) I made the cookies to send to my dad, and sent them; CHECK.
2) I arranged for the recalls to be taken care of on Eulalie, and scheduled her alignment! CHECK.
3) Began working on Christmas cards, writing both the list and the cards; I do NOT make my own. CHECK.
4) Consulted the girls about which cookies they wanted. CHECK.
5) Prepare cookie dough. This only gets a partial check because I have 6 batches to make and so far, only one is in the fridge. But, DD23 is picking up the remaining ingredients today. Her batches need to be done and packed, so she can fly out with them on Thursday night. The ones for DD20 need to be ready for Christmas Day. DD28 won’t get hers till after the holiday.
6) Christmas money. All of it has arrived. I got pens, ink, Strathmore Visual Journals and water-soluble pastels with half of mine. Not sure at all what I’ll do with the rest. Sadly, I may need it to get a cheap printer, since DD23 hasn’t been able to find the cords and CDs yet. CHECK+
7) Art. I have prepped 7 pages so far, 3 of which are for the Soul Journaling prompts. CHECK.
8) Both of DD23’s cats are still alive. CHECK x2
9) Coffee. We were nearly out of the Elixir of Life. Unbeknownst to DH, I’ve ordered each of us a pound – without using the Christmas money! Double CHECK!
10) Many things and circumstances seek to rob me of holiday JOY. Today I think I found an idea that makes up for it all. I have 2 fish bowls. I have several strings of twinkle lights. I’m going to fill the bowls with the lights, and put them where I can see them all day/night long. THAT makes me smile! Super CHECK!!
I don’t know if I will be back here before Christmas, so I want to wish each and every one of you all the miraculous joys of this heavenly season, reminding you always that JESUS – and all that He did, does and will do – is the reason for the season. May God richly bless you, and may 2011 be your best year ever!!